Cafe Nine Entrance
Django’s Ghost (Bob Raymond and Brian Walsh)
Fun with our wonderful bartender!
Gale B. Gardiner of Fortune’s Gale
Kelly having a deep conversation between sets of songs….
On Sunday October, 23, 2011 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m., Arm2Arm supporters came out to enjoy four HAPPY hours of live entertainment with a diverse and talented group of local performers. We we so pleased with this warm, casual atmosphere and for the chance to network and spread the word about what Arm2Arm is doing to make the lives of so many Haitians just a little bit better.
The wonderful performers who made this event so special and enjoyable were: (click on highlighted links for more information).
- The Unforgettable unique tunes of Age of Reason…got the fun started and the toes tapping!
- Django’s Ghost: folk/blues/rock music featuring the combined styles of Bob Raymond and Brian Walsh.
- A unique and inspiring live PUPPET show by CT puppeteer Lalita P. Rathnam. The audience all smiled and participated in the works “Maryse Saves the Day” and “Mookie Learns a Lesson” focusing on the education and health initiatives being promoted by Arm2Arm in the beteyes of the Dominican Republic and Haiti.
- The great inspiring folk bluegrass sounds of Ruth O’Neill and Jim Hammitt from Song-A-Day Music Center.
- The soulful songs of Fortune’s Gale that touched our hearts.
- COMEDY provided by CT’s outstanding John Romanoff, who generously agreed to fill in for previously scheduled Rick Roberts. This great chance to kick back and laugh will be remembered by many for very LONG time!
- And rousing rock to end out the evening by Jim Farley and friends!
It is very hard to express the extend of our gratitude to all of you for contgributing your time and your passion. You are all very generous people who have helped to make a difference in the lives of yoru Haitian brothers and sisters. THANK YOU to all who performed, attended, contributed to this event. It was very special.
An extra special mention goes to Edward Leonard and Cafe Nine, 250 State Street, New Haven, CT 06511. Without their generous offer of the venue, this event never would have come to be.
The most heartfelt of THANKS to all of you who made the Arm2Arm Annual Fundraising Gala, April 30, 2010, a great success!
This wonderful event was held at Ann Howard’s @ Indian Hill Country Club 111 Golf Street, Newington, CT 06111.
It was a delightful and informative evening which featured WFSB Channel 3’s Mike Hydeck, local talent such as the Performing Ensemble from the Artists’ Collective, delicious hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, silent auction and more!
- Some of the amazing items won in the silent auction that night included:
- Angel from recycled oil drums
- Umbrella holder, made from recycled metal
- Fireplace protection, made from reclycled metal
- Leaves set white with scalloped edges, carved riverstone
- Vetiver elephant
And…most importantly…A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL FOR A VERY GREAT CAUSE!
The Providence TSETSE Gallery held its opening gala on January 26, 2010. This gala was a massive fund raiser for Haitian Relief. All sales of Catholic mission and Crosby mission’s art items went directly to Haitian Relief through Arm2Arm. The opening also featured a number of excellent local artists who agreed to donate half of all proceeds to Haitian Relief, plus the gallery donated all commissions earned that night as well.
This was a memorable and wonderful night for Arm2Arm and Haitian Relief. Everyone truly enjoyed the beautiful artwork and fellowship.
Arm2Arm wants to express a tremendous amount of gratitude to both the staff and the mayor for making is such a special and successful evening. THANK YOU!
||Gala Gallery Opening and Arm2Arm Fundraiser
||Tuesday evening, January 26, 2010 at 5:30 p.m.
51 Empire Street
Providence, RI 02903-3216